Posted by TheDaddy on Saturday, 13th March, 2010
Well here they are, February’s NPD’s.
Hardware Sales, February 2010
- Nintendo DS 613.2K
- Xbox 360 422.0K
- Wii 397.9K
- PlayStation 3 360.1K
- PSP 133.4K
- PlayStation 2 101.9K
Top 10 Software Sales, February 2010
- Bioshock 2* 360 Feb–10 562.9K
- New Super Mario Bros Nov-09 555.6K
- Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 2* 360 Nov-09 314.3K
- Just Dance Nov-09 275.4K
- Wii Sports Resorts Jul-09 272.5K
- Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 2* PS3 Nov-09 252.8K
- Mass Effect 2 Jan-10 246.5K
- Dante’s Inferno* PS3 Feb-10 242.5K
- Dante’s Inferno*360 Feb-10 224.7K
- Heavy Rain PS3 Feb-10 219.3K
Well a good month has been had by Microsoft, despite the strong line up of games on the PS3, so much so that the 360 has knocked the Wii into 3rd place ( is it finally on the decline as it sold 753K in the same month last year?).
As ever the DS continues to sell like nobody owns one – WHO IS BUYING THEM!?.
That doesn’t mean to say the PS3 has done badly, as it has still had a 30% increase over February 2009.
In the software stakes, Bioshock 2 has done really well coming out on top of the heap, followed closely by Super Mario Brothers, and of course MW2 has still got a strong showing on both systems 3 months after release.
That’s about it.