The Veteran Gamers Episode 68 - Portal 2…Woo Hoo!

Posted by on Friday, 29th April, 2011

Welcome to show 68.

This week Chinny kept his word and didn’t bother turning up, so it was left to The Daddy and Duke to hold the fort, and so that’s what they did.

They talked all things gaming which included Sony’s PSN debacle and the games that they have been playing.

VlaDOS joins us again and gives us Starzzle to play and Surface Lizard tells us all about Mortal Kombat.

We round out the show with some emails and have a special Portal 2 spoiler filled after-show (DO NOT LISTEN TO THE END, IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME!!!!!)

Enjoy!

If you have any opinions, send Emails to:

podcast@veterangamers.co.uk

Gamertags

Chinny – 360 ChinChinny, PS3 Chinny1985,

The Daddy – 360 Big Daddy Blast, PS3 xXBig-DaddyXx

Duke – 360 Dukeskath, PS3 Dukeskath

Click To Listen

1. surface_lizard says:

FYI, Stu – that clip I used in my piece was Derek and Clive (Peter Cook and Dudley Moore)

It’s on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DkuXBsHytE

2. skulduggerer says:

The indie pick is important, but i must admit i miss the insight you used to get off, the man like Quan.

I do agree Vlados is a bit annoying (and she has no taste in men)

Portal 2 isn’t too short — it’s a perfect length, and it’s so compelling that we both raced through it!

JCM: Are you suggesting we do research on new things? 8P Whatever dude.. The thing about dropping items is interesting!

4. thejcmyster says:

Sorry, regarding skyrim that is.

5. thejcmyster says:

Two things, as interesting as this info is, it was released two months ago in one of the 360 mags. Secondly there is also a cool system where if you drop something, depending on the value of the item and the respectability of the character, people will either try and return your item or steal it. I mean how cool is that!

Interesting point you make regarding Portal 2, it took me about 9 hours to complete and Duke about 11 hours, I haven’t touched the co op yet due to the PSN issues, but I believe that it takes about another 6-7 hours.

I guess by buying the game we are supporting Valve as a developer which in turn will ensure that they continue to make amazing games.

As for the indie picks again they will stay as there are some good games to be found even if there are no cheevos.

Thanks for the comments

Stu

7. Cudmoro says:

Always odd when Chinny is absent, but it still works with 2, shpulf have had Stephen Hawking as third chair – he has his own chair of course. As I am not allowed to be negative I shall just say that Quanrian was a preferred Indie game guide to Glados, why not just ditch indie games, not cheevos = no point! Managed to not get paint on laptop whilst skipping other section.

Hypothetical question really, doesn’t it seem off that Portal 2 can have a spoiler show 1 week after release, yet it still gets talked about as an amazing game, maybe it is amazing but also rather short? So short it isn’t worth a full price release?

8. Jonmau5 says:

Another great show 🙂 Awesomeness included!