Veteran Gamers Drawing Competition

Posted by on Saturday, 23rd July, 2011

That’s right you can win 1200 Microsoft Points or a PSN card to the same value if you enter. Wanna know more?

Rules

To enter you have to create a drawing of Stu, Duke and myself. The drawings must include us three doing something funny or it can include in jokes that are related with the podcast or the forums. If you want to put us into situations that we’d hate to be in (e.g Duke stuck in the mall from Heavy Rain/ me in Bayoneta/ Stu stuck in Duke Nukem), or just maybe draw us as Gears of War characters, the choice is yours.

IMPORTANT. Must not be rude or contain anything too violent. Blood is OK, but I don’t want to see any pictures of Duke blowing Stu brains out, because we all know that it would be me doing that.

Drawings can be hand drawn and scanned in if you got the skills, they can be done on paint, or paintbrush which is a free app which you can download if you Google paintbrush for MAC.

Credit will be given to people with good ideas. So don’t worry if you cant draw, it may even benefit you if your drawing is terrible. If we get a laugh out of it you might be in with a chance, but good drawings are also going to be credited.

The deadline is 20th August and a winner will be picked and announced on the podcast. Runners up will receive a code for a game.

How to submit your drawings

The easiest way is to email us (podcast@veterangamers.co.uk) with your drawing attached. Another way is to upload your picture on facebook and tag ‘Veterangameruk’. Or you can tweet us your drawing on twitter @veterangamersuk.

Here’s what we look like:

Big thanks to Bongo for donating the points, now go draw!

1. Charlton Valley says:

wow! nothing like I imagined.

2. nicknitrous says:

Is it me or does Duke look a little like Ade Edmondson (Bottom and Young Ones for those who don’t know who he is)

3. Jonmau5 says:

I can’t draw but in light of what you guys said on the podcast, I will scan it in and send you and have a go anyway. It’s a bit silly and it was drawn up in a quick 10 minutes before work the other day but I hope you guys will like it.

4. GanguCrimes says:

i have just put my drawing up on the veteran gamers facebook page! it might be crap but you’ve gotta be in it to win it!

5. GanguCrimes says:

i didn’t expect stu to look like that! lol

6. woody says:

Wow. Its great to have a face to put to the voices. You dont look how I expected. Also Duke looks like a svelt version of my JiuJitsu instructor.

7. Hea7hen says:

Lol, I’d always imagined Stu looked like Terry Christian – must be the northern accent, and i had Duke down for a Tim Robbins lookalike. Funny how u build a picture of someone just from the voice.

8. Bongo the Sane says:

Stu’s on the stair rods. (Irish Steriods)

9. surface_lizard says:

Holy guano, Stu…BANNISTERS!

I LOVE BANNISTERS!

Also, Duke looks uncannily like my friend Dave. I suspect Dr Moreau genetic foul play.

10. Jack says:

I agree with @Cudmoro now I can’t picture you guys in my mind like meeting your favorite radio show host. But I will be trying got some good ideas but they’ll be sadly be “drawn” in mspaint 🙂

Admit it, Chinny — you planned that. (Look left, look straight, look right.)

Who is that handsome bloke in the middle?

13. Cudmoro says:

Noooo, the illusion of imagining what Duke looks like is gone! For some reason I expected long hair and a beard, kind of like a wizard really.