A Closer Look - GTA V Trailer

Posted by on Saturday, 5th November, 2011

Here it is, time for me to break down the GTA V trailer. Take a look and see if you spot anything that I missed.

1. Purple Eye says:

My only hope for this game is that there will be bicycles.

2. AxemanPhil says:

Great work Chinny, I’m now even more excited for this game if it were possible.

3. Chrismjw says:

Nice Chinny, great commentary. Loved vice city so hope this is as stylish and fun. Not so fussed with cj but it could be pretty sweet.

4. stepjay says:

as for story. i hope they copy the format of the tv show the wire and give us morality choice’s.

5. the likely lad says:

Nice break down chinny maybe i ought to actually get around to finishing playing GTA4!

What I love most about this trailer is the way it slides from the glamorous, clean, shiny parts of the city (“like you see in the movies,” as they say in the trailer) into the realistic, dirty, crime- and poverty-laden elements which are so much more common.

I think you’re right, Chinny, that it will deal with money and class. I just hope they avoid the temptation to make it a simple rags-to-riches story like San Andreas was.

7. Sentinal says:

Awesome vid as usual Chinny. A couple of things that I thought in no particular order-

I think the voice over is the father of the protaginist and the reason for this is he says something like (and this is my favourite part of the trailer) “Thought I would be a dad like all the other dads. My kids, would be like the kids on TV. We’d play ball and sit in the sun but well, you know how it is”. And then it cuts to the shot of the back doors of the van busting open for the jewelery heist. I reckon the guy on the right busting out the van is the protagonist. I think hes the guy in the red car also.

I think that it is Tommy Vercetti in that shot (but i dont think that is the voice over guy)

Maybe the guy selling the house is CJ (20 years after GTA San Andreas) and possible mission/s for him to get it back.

All speculation at this stage though.